Safe mode could be considered as a savior of computing just like System Restore Point except that safe mode is a tool used to troubleshoot your computer for issues while system restore point lets you restore your program files, system files and registry settings from a previous state on your computer.
In this tutorial, I will be demonstrating how to start your computer in safe mode in Windows, what is safe mode and it’s benefits.
For more info on System Restore Read: System Restore Points Benefits and How to Create it
What is Safe Mode?
According to Microsoft, safe mode is a troubleshooting option for Windows that starts your computer in a limited state. Only the basic files and drivers necessary to run Windows are started. The words Safe Mode appear in the corners of your monitor to identify which Windows mode you’re using.
What are the Benefits of Safe Mode?
Safe mode can be beneficial in more ways than one. Almost, if not all, IT technicians and persons in IT use this method to solve computer related problems. Benefits of safe mode are:
- It is used to diagnose computer issues.
- Only run the basic files and drivers necessary for windows.
- Allows you to use method of elimination to resolve computer issue.
- Can be used to remove viruses that can not be removed in normal mode.
- Check or repair damage to the Windows system.
How to Start Your Computer in Safe Mode
Now, I’m going to show you how to start your computer in safe mode in Windows 7, 8 and 8.1. You do not have to be a computer technician to start a computer in safe mode. This tutorial will show you how easy it is and from then you can diagnose your computer related issues.
- For Windows Vista and 7 users, as you power up or restart your computer, repeatedly press F8 and select Safe Mode.
- Don’t be frighten when you see these bunch of words going down on your screen. This occurs when safe mode loading as you can see below.
- When safe mode finish loading, the desktop looks like the screenshot below with safe mode written on all four corners of the screen.
This is how to start your computer in safe mode. Safe mode is a standard feature in Windows and quite useful for computer related issues such as scanning for viruses and repair damage to windows system. So people if you like my tutorials you can leave a comment below and or subscribe to my website for the latest tech posts. To make this website awesome and keep us motivated to write more tutorials you can show us some love by hitting that donate button or click here. Thank you 🙂