Let me teach you a quick and easy way on how to make an invisible folder on your PC in windows. One of the best ways to hide your folder/s in windows without using the “Don’t show hidden files, folders, or drives” feature in “Folder Options” is to make an invisible folder. If you use the Folder Option feature, a user could easily find your folder/s if he or she clicks “Show hidden files, folders, and drives“. But with invisible folder, if the user clicks the show option they won’t be able to see your folder. To make an invisible folder follow these simple detailed steps below:
1. Right click the desktop.
2. Click “New” and select “Folder“. A new folder will be created and the name of my new folder is “New folder (4)“.
3. Right click the folder and select “Properties“. The properties window will pop up.
4. Click “Customize“
5. Click “Change Icon“.
6. Scroll till you see the invisible icon and click OK and now the folder is invisible.
7. To make the name invisible also, right click the name and click “Rename“.
8. While the name is highlighted, hold ALT, press 255 and release ALT.
Now the name is also invisible.
For persons who prefer to watch tutorial videos, below is a video of how to make an invisible folder.
This is a neat trick to hide your folders and with extra security you can make the folder hidden. So even when they click show hidden files, your folder will not be displayed.
If you like my post, kindly let me know how well did I do 🙂