System restore can take up a lot of space on your computer hard drive and in this tutorial I will show you how to delete system restore points. Sometimes, you scratch your head and wonder where your hard drive space mysteriously went because this thing could take up couple gigabit of space well e.g 5 GB. Luckily I am here to help you guys to recover some space on your computer’s hard drive. Don’t get me wrong, even though it takes up a lot of hard drive space, it is very beneficial especially when you are experiencing a computer crash or your computer started to behave out of the norm, and as a result, upgrading your hard drive would be recommended.
Delete System Restore Points
Deleting All System Restore Points
Follow these simple steps in order to free up some hard drive space and deleting all system restore points for windows 7 users:
- Go to Start, right click Computer and click Properties.
- Look on the left pane and click System Protection.
- When the System Properties window pops up, click on the drive letter indicated by the red arrow under protection settings and click Configure as indicated by the green arrow below.
- System Protection for Local Disk (C) window pops up, click Delete.
- when this window below pops up just click Continue to delete system restore points.
- After that, you will see The system restore points were deleted successfully and click Close.
Now, we just look at how you would delete all system restore points so let us look at deleting all but the most recent system protection point.
Deleting All But the Most Recent System Restore Point
- Click Start, type in disk cleanup, press enter and wait on it to load.
- Click Clean up system files and then More Options tab located at the top when it appears.
- Under System Restore and Shadow Copies, click Clean up.
- When this window pops up, click Delete and then OK. It will ask “Are you sure you want to permanently delete these files“, then click Delete Files.
That folks is how to delete system restore points and I hope this tutorial help you to free up some space on your computer’s hard drive. So people if you like my tutorials you can leave a comment below and or subscribe to my website for the latest tech posts.