Hey guys, in this tutorial I’m going to show you how to connect to WiFi without password on android devices. Folks, let me make this clear, this is not a hack as this is the legal way of doing it.
You can use this method especially when your WiFi password is long and complicated and you can’t bother to enter it on every android device in your household. This method can also be used when you have friends coming over and you want them to connect to the WiFi quickly.
Is this a security risk?
Yes, it can be a security risk. In the sense where unauthorized person gaining access to your physical router and doing malicious things. Once unauthorized person do not get access to your router in your house you should be good.
What is the method used?
The method used to connect to WiFi without password is using WPS push button on the router. WPS stands for Wi-Fi Protected Setup but was originally named Wi-Fi Simple Config. It is a network security standard to create a secure wireless home network without entering your password. So, this is the way how to connect to WiFi without password on android devices. This method is simple to do as the acronym suggest so let get into it.
How to connect to WiFi without password on android
Before you do steps, WPS has to be enabled on your router for it to work. If it is not enabled, log into your router, go to your wireless settings and enable it. With that said, let’s get down to business.
- Go to “Settings” on your android device.
- Then, go to “Wi-Fi” under the heading “Wireless and Networks”.
- Go to “Advance settings“. Depending on your model android device, there will be many options.
- Also, there will be many different WPS options there depending on your model but we’re only interesting in “WPS connection” or “WPS Push Button“. So, press it once you see it and a WPS setup will appear on your screen waiting for the configuration from the router.
- Next, go to your router and press the “WPS” button and wait for the connection to be successful on your android device. If you do not see the word “WPS”, see the symbol indicated below. This process normally takes couple of seconds.
So guys that’s how you connect to WiFi without using a password. To do this you have to use the WPS push button on your router to get connected. If you have an android phone you can follow these steps above and see if it works.
If you like my article on “how to connect to WiFi without password on android devices“, subscribe to my blog to get more tips in your inbox. Also, kindly like our Facebook page to interact with us. To make this website awesome and keep us motivated to write more tutorials you can show us some love by hitting that donate button or click here. Thank you 🙂